Top 5 Places to Visit in Manali
Whenever a north Indian thinks about summer vacations, the first destination that comes to his mind is Manali, Manali has got everything from beautiful hills to various sightseeing locations which attract a huge number of tourists every year. Manali is situated in the mountains of Indian state Himachal Pradesh near the northern end of Kullu valley. Due to their close proximity, they are often considered as a single destination. Even I used to believe the same in my childhood.
Best places to visit in Manali are –
- Solang Valley – As per the name suggests, it is a beautiful valley which is around 13 km away from Manali, known for its beauty. You can hire a private cab from Manali for a day trip to Solang valley. At this place, the travelers can enjoy magnificent views of the snow covered peaks, icy plains & frozen glaciers. The elevation of this place is perfect to enjoy skiing on slopes and to play with friends and family in the snow. We did paragliding, zorbing, and skiing here.
- Beas River – The River is also known as Bipasha and it is a very significant holy river flowing through the state of Punjab & Himachal Pradesh. The river carries many folklore and historical legends with itself. It passes through the dense forest of birch, pine & deodar in Manali along with going through the snow covered mountains, as well. The river alone attracts thousands of tourist mostly pilgrims from all parts of the world. This site provides beautiful scenery for clicking some of the most amazing pictures of a lifetime.
- Rohtang Pass – An entrance to the Spiti and Lahaul Valley, the Rohtang Pass is one of the most popular destinations in this area. It is 51 kilometers away from the Manali town, situated at the Keylong Highway. It is one of the most impressive and highest passes of this region, therefore, a visit to Rohtang Pass, at least once in a lifetime, is a must. It is a natural divider that separates the Spiti & Lahaul Mountains from the Kullu valleys which bring the Buddhist and Hinduism cultures, together at one place. You can enjoy many adventure activities at this site such as skating, paragliding, etc. You can even move ahead to get the glimpse of the Gaypan peaks and Sonapani Glaciers.
- Bhrigu Lake – This is a very popular site, famously known as the Pool of Gods. It is a magnificently attractive water body, located 43 kilometers away from the hustle and bustle of the Manali town. The lake attracts thousands of tourists and trekkers who love the crystal clear water and serene atmosphere of this place. Being one of the most important glacial lakes at the Kullu valley, this place serves as an ideal spot for weekend getaways. The lake is surrounded by snow-covered Himalayan peaks at all sides. You can even visit the water spring, Nehru Kund which is located near the Bhrigu Lake.
- Jogni Waterfalls – If you wish to see one of the most astonishing places in Manali then Jogni waterfalls or commonly called Jugni Waterfalls is the best option. Located just 3 kilometers away from Manali, you can easily reach here with the help of a cab. As soon as you get close to the falls, you can feel a natural beauty that covers the entire area. The route consists of narrow roads and beautiful streams along with lanes of orchards and pine forests, to add to the splendor of the place. The best time to visit here is during afternoons when you get to catch the sunlight falling on the waterfall droplets, revealing some of the most incredible beauties of the natural world.
The most thrilling and adventurous activities to do when in Manali –
- River Rafting – River rafting can be experienced with the Beas River in Himachal Pradesh. This activity fills you up with excitement as you try to survive on the flowing water on a raft.
- Paragliding – a sport in which a wide canopy resembling a parachute is attached to a person’s body by a harness in order to allow them to glide through the air after jumping from or being lifted to a height, Embracing the sky on a colorful glider is one of the most amazing sports to try when in Manali. You can enjoy some of the most breathtaking views of major mountains, hills, and rivers. The Solang Valley is the best place to enjoy Paragliding in Manali.
- Trekking – Manali is a paradise for trek lovers. There are so many places and abundant scope for trying, learning, practicing and enjoying trekking in Manali. These popular trails – Chanderkhani Pass, Barang Trek, Bhrigu Lake Trek, Rohtang Pass, Sar Pass, etc serve as the most beautiful destinations for providing the best trekking experiences of a lifetime.
- Zorbing – Zorbing offers the experience of rolling downhill inside a giant. It can be enjoyed at Solang Valley. It is a pure adventure and an amazing experience that you will remember throughout your life.
- Skiing – Manali provides its visitors with lots of snow along with perfect slopes to enjoy best winter sports such as skiing. You can slide down the snow-covered slopes along with enjoying stunning alpine views. Proper training is provided to beginners and tourists. You can enjoy skiing at Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Dhundi, Gulaba, & Marhi in Manali.
How to reach Manali?
You can reach Manali by air through the nearest airport located at Bhuntar, which is a well-connected to major cities such as Chandigarh and Delhi. You can even reach Manali by road through buses from many places such as New Delhi, Chandigarh, Dharamshala, Kullu, Leh & Shimla. You can even book private cabs to Manali.
Also Read: Top 10 Things to Do in Kerala